New Ventures (& Jobs) in Ballyclare
Brown’s has been open for a while now. We’ve had an OCB business breakfast there. Click for details on Browns CoffeeCo.
- Brown’s need staff – get in touch
2. Yarns Coffee Halt
Yarns Coffee Halt is a “weekend coffee shop” located at Theatre at the Mill, Mossley Mill.
- It is open 10am – 4pm, Saturdays and Sundays
- Click for details on Yarns Coffee Halt
3. Ashers, Main Street
- Ashes is now open on Sundays, 9am – 1:30pm
4. The Bookshop at Mindwise
It launches at Mindwise, Rashee Road this Friday, 12th April. (Volunteers are needed.) Click for details on Mindwise.
- Volunteers required to work in the bookshop
5. The Wardrobe Cafe
It opens on 17th April. Click for details on The Wardrobe Cafe.
- The Wardrobe Cafe is also advertising for a PT Cook/Baker and Waiting Staff
6. The Fun Emporium
“The Fun Emporium is a fully themed children’s party and special occasion space.”
- It opens in early June in Donegore. Click for details on The Fun Emporium.
- This is where we hope to have our June lunch.
Also, on the same site:
7. Donegore Tea Rooms
This seems to be part of the The Fun Emporium, and we have heard a rumour that there will also be a deli on site!
- Click for details on Donegore Team Rooms.
8. Market at the Mill
Market at the Mill seems to be a collaboration between Ballylagan Farm and Newtownabbey Council.
- Click for details on Market at the Mill
9. Saturday Market at Logwood
“Hey everyone, We are looking for a little help today. We are thinking of starting a Saturday Market at the garden centre to allow local traders to set up stalls and sell their goods. It is likely to be a mix of market stalls and also car boot sale stall. This is simply an idea at present however we are simply putting out some feelers to find out if there are local stall holders who would be interested and also what kind of stall people would like to see at a local market. Please feel free to leave us a comment below if you would be interested in a stall or if you have a friend or family member who might be interested, please share this with them and ask them to get in touch. Thank You” – Logwood Plant Centre Ltd
- Logwood are also advertising for PT (16hrs/wk) staff for the coffee shop, for lunchtimes and weekends.
- Click for details on Saturday Market at Logwood.
If you have any other details of new businesses, or anyone with local news, email us, and we’ll share it here, in the fortnightly newsletter, or on Facebook or Twitter (if appropriate).
Further details on all these ventures will be posted here or on Facebook or Twitter as we get them!!
Image credit: wwworks.